Chris Moore is a young engineer employed by Sydney Water to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain water and recycled water systems. The program profiles his training and work life as well as his personal interests and highlights the 'great bits' and 'sucky parts' of his job.
Assumed prior learning
Suggestions for using this resource
- in a variety of contexts including sustainable environments, water, water-recycling
- as an information source and case study of a job where an understanding of science is very important
- as stimulus to identify the areas of science involved in this job
- to illustrate applications of science
- as a homework or extension activity to consolidate the unit
for some students the opportunity to both watch the video and read a web text summary could enhance learning about science-in-jobs.